Life, The Universe and Pune

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

God Among Directors

Saw Kill Bill Vol. 2 on Friday...and my obsession with both the movies seems to be growin day by day......it was all the more fun 'cause I went to a drive-in and mast sutta marte marte dekha picture.....have spent the whole weekend and the last two days reading all I could about the two movies and in general about Quentin Tarantino...or as he is rightly called by some.."God among Directors".......and the trivia I have come up with is amazing........the connection between Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction or then Kill Bill and Reservoir Dogs.....or for that matter how Mr. Tarantino ended up calling his first movie 'Reservoir Dogs'......or then.,...any 80'/90's kid interested in martial art movies must have seen the 36th Chamber of Shaolin......while growing up that was like a 'God' Movie...well Pai Mei in Kill Bill i.e. Gordon Lui....was the hero in that movie......I could go on and on and on.....considering all the stuff I have read......maybe someday..aap hum aur bagpiper milke baate karenge......

Truly awesome that guy....and truly awesome are his movies.....