Life, The Universe and Pune

Friday, March 26, 2004

I was at the Outlet mall yesterday in Aurora......after I was done visiting this particular store...I found this book store close by....book stores just draw me towards them...I could spend the entire day in Bordes on B&N......got myself a few books......the weekend is comin up...and like I mentioned before....to read in bed all snuggled up is the second best thing I like to do (in bed)...I like reading books by Indian authors....stories which are based in India.....my favorite being Poona Company by Farookh Dhondy...I like reading about parsis.....a class of society that has always fascinated me.....so coming back to that I found this book called Bombay Time by Trity Umrigar....its about parsis in Bombay.....

and today I decided to look up if I could find some more information on Thrity Umrigar...'cause I had heard about her before but did not know much....and surprise surprise.....she has been an Akron resident for a while.....and has written quite a few articles for apna local newspaper..i.e. The Akron Beacon Journal.....though her website does not mention where she is now...but I did find out that she is visiting faculty at Case western Reserve University in downtown Cleveland....hmmm...

Second book I got is Life Isn't All Ha Ha Hee Hee by Meera Syal.....which deals about the ieves of three women in London...somehow apna desi's in U.S.A. dont seem to be a fascinating lot....but if you have ever been to the UK....apna desi's ...or Asians as they are called there...are a fascinating lot...so thats how I landed up getting this book...

Third book....The Nanny Diaries: A Novel by by Emma McLaughlin and, Nicola Kraus.....its a satire based on the actual lives of two NYC nannies....

Now I'm not too sure which one to start with .....Any suggestions????