Life, The Universe and Pune

Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Nashville

The last 10 days or so have been really really tiring...am finally back home ....got back this morning ........but at the same time I cannot complain....I was away from Akron attending two conferences in succession....and both trips were funded by travel awards.......so eat well stay well and enjoy.......and both conferences happened to take place in two very nice cities........the first one was in San Francisco....about which I already wrote.....and the second one was in Nashville, Tennessee....all in all.....two very nice trips.....and presented two papers on my research too........

I was a bit apprehensive about whether I would have a good time in Nashville or not.........well I finally did end up having a great time there too.......drove down with my three of my friends on Sunday.......Nashville like most cities has its share of big buildings housing financial giants ...but what makes it stand out is its location by the Cumberland river and its vibrant music scene........home of country music they say.....in downtown Nashville by the river are these stages...where every weekend there are shows featuring some of the best artists.....I can just imagine what it would be like to sit there with the river in the background...the cool wind in my face.....and music....ahhh heaven.....unfortunately since we reached late Sunday evening and we had to attend a reception hosted by the conference organizers.....I could not catch a show......well...I guess one must always leave something for next time..............

Monday and most of Tuesday were spent in attending the conference.......caught some interesting sessions there......networked a lot with the people ..........networking nowadays seems to be the best way to land a job.......especially in the polymer industry......Tuesday evening we decided to the see the city and hang around for a while in the downtown area before we hit the road to get back to Ohio.........had nice meal at the Hard Rock Cafe.....bought myself a t-shirt from there and some other souvenirs from a variety of shops..........

finally we left late evening to get back to Ohio.........and reached Akron just in time to catch sunrise.........as soon as I reached home I knew what my day was gonna be like......sleep sleep and sleep....and thats just what I did..........

I think the last 2 weeks or so have been a perfect blend of work and pleasure.......all in all...time well spent