Life, The Universe and Pune

Wednesday, April 30, 2003

A job well done

Usual time to retire to bed in my case would be about 3.00 am..........and i get up quite late.......well on Monday i had to be up by 5.30 a.m...............so miraculously I saw myself retire at 11.00 pm the earlier night........slept well and was up in time to get ready.........had to get up early because I am staying in Berkeley which is a good 35 mins away from downtown San Francisco.....needed to first catch a bus from near Sujit's home to the BART ( Bay Area Rapid Transport) station.....and then had to take a train from there to downtown San Francisco.............all in all reached this hotel called The Westin St. Francis in time.....this is where the the conference is being held...........the hotel is on Powell Street which is this long street that climbs up the hills....and it has a trolley car to ferry the passengers from one end to another....realllly fascinating


the presentation was at 3.00 pm,........i thought I spoke a bit fast...but thats ok........I expected a few questions but all I got was one suggestion........however after my talk a lot of people came up to me and personally asked me all the doubts they had about my work.....and I think I was pretty successful in answering the questions.......once this was done I called up my adviser back in Akron to update him on the day's proceedings..........spent an hour that evening at a reception party that was hosted by a couple of companies....had two glasses of white wine to celebrate my first presentation .........and soon was homeward bound on the 6.50 p.m. BART to downtown Berkeley.........

All in all.......a job well done........