Life, The Universe and Pune

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

It seems there was some jhol at the temple in Parma, Ohio...which is the local temple for the akron-cleveland area.......its been a while since I went up there.....nor do i get an mailers from them......so how did I get this news....hmm funny story.......as i was getting out of the restroom yesterday...one of my co-workers comes up to me and says....." Did you hear about the problem at the Hindu Church up in Parma"...for a moment I failed to understand what he was saying....then he looks at me and re phrases and says..." There was a problem at the Hindu mosque and the sheek (sheikh) was out on the lawn with a bandage over his head"......the puzzled look on my face continued to be there thats when he asked me what Hindu's call our place of worship.....finally main samjha......

he being ignorant about the what we call our places of worship or our priests is not the point here...its just that I keep reading in the so called 'Indian' newspapers here about problems in different temples across the US where there is some tussle going on between the trustess over management issues.........shouldn't they know better and maintain the sanctity of these places rather than have these turf battles.....everywhere I look around I see that religon has become a very commercial issue.....money talks.......you need better darshan at Tirupati....you pay more and get ahead in the line.....and the best part...all this is official........the more I think about this the more it irritates me.....its one big turn off.....the more I try to believe in a GOD, the more I want to run away from all this and try and find my peace elsewhere.......I just keep getting one step closer to being an atheist....the agnostic path was taken a while back......

I think I am better off repeating the Jedi mantra.." May the force be with you"......atleast I lve with the hope that some day I will have my Lightsaber:)