Life, The Universe and Pune

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Finally managed to see Munnabhi MBBS over the weekend...and also Shrek 2.......Shrek 2 absolutely rocks......Saturday was dedicated to some good ol' six-a-side cricket.......pity we did not make it to the final considering that Akron CC has been on the losing side in the finals for the last 2 years and we really wanted to change that....change that!!!...sure we did...but not to our satisfaction at all....

apna adda in Akron BW3....or BDubs as we like to call it.....mast mein ekdam decor change ho gaya hain......I can actually feel the AC workin now......not that it makes a difference...we woould still go pretty often before the renovation......so much so that the bouncer does not ask most of us for our ID's....other than some characters with the babyface look:)

Jagjit Singh live in concert was on the agenda for Sunday evening......sponsored tickets....corporate istyle.....two things that really made it for me.....during the concert I told my dost "Ki Jaggu ne agar 'Kal Chaudvi Ki Raat Thi' gaya na...to apan ekdam khush ho jayega"....and in the the next minute or so....he started singing that ghazal.....and then during the break I remarked to my dost..........." Pune me rehete to abhi interval mein mast vada pav ya samosa pav khane milta that".....and sure enough in a while my Mami's friend comes up to me with a food packet that had a samosa, a kachori and some kaju barfi.....now looking back at that brief period of time....I feel like I should have asked for a little more considering my wished were being granted....ahh what the heck....!!!!I have the long weekend to look forward to.....meet up with Phani Dawg and go check out the his village.....have heard reports that it IS actually a village and that Akron seems like a sprawling metropolis when compared......

There is a post on Fight Club (again) thats brewing in my head.....need to work on that.....

Mind It!!!!!