Life, The Universe and Pune

Friday, July 25, 2003

Birthday blog.........

some things that happened without fail on my B'day in India

-my friends would come over at midnight with a cake and their unique gift which was made with whatever they could find in the house.......once it was superman cape , red undies, a pink hat with artificial hair attahced to it and a yellow 'banian'
-mom always cooked the same suff every yr.......becos i wanted it that way.....lunch was spanish rice.... for all my friends who came over to wish me there were samosas, black forest cake and thums up.....
-dad would go all over town till he found the perfect flowers
-evenings mom and me would go to Hari Krishna Mandir .....then she would take a rickshaw back home or drive back home with dad....dinner was home made pizzas always.......with Panterr and his family coming over.....as far as I can remember dinner was always at home on birthdays.........partying with friends was reserved for a later date....
-chachi would smear my face with cake....

having spent my last two birthdays away from home.....I miss all these things......no pizza ....no spanish rice...........but i still get the cake smeared on my face........no flowers from dad....but i still have my friends come over at midnight and they do a darn good job at making my day awesome..........I think its time to accpet the fact...goodbye India birthdays..........welcome Akron Birthdays.....