Life, The Universe and Pune

Sunday, July 13, 2003

Tridev Tridev

Back when I was in India, I never listened to much of 'desi' music........rarely saw Hindi movies.......and it would take a lot of coaxing to get me to see a Hindi movie......here in the US......that has never been a problem.......I listen to the any Hindi song......am willing to watch Hindi movies.....not all of them, but I don’t complain if I have to watch one.....as a kid though I did watch a lot of Hindi movies.......my favorite Hindi movie was Tridev......I must have seen it atleast eight times in the theatre......every time we had relatives come ands visit us...I would drag them to watch the movie.....partly because mom would not say no......and we knew the gentleman who owned the canteen there...and just before the interval we would have piping hot samosas and thums up delivered to our seats......royal treatment I must say.......four days back I rented the Tridev from the local 'Indian' store....and I have now seen it four more times in four days.....and I can still appreciate the movie....I love the nonsense in the movie and the way the three hero's kill all the extra's and the villains in the end without even getting hit once by a bullet......the sidey dance sequences and the songs........for some reasons I can tolerate that and enjoy it..........rent Tridev or Golmal or Khatta Meetha or Choti Si Baat or then Hera Pheri... and call me over for ...don’t offer me food or water and I'll still thank you for your hospitality.....rent K3G or Chalte Chalte and invite me for the most elaborate meal with that...I'll pass.....call me prejudiced....I don’t care.....I still think Tridev rocks....