Life, The Universe and Pune

Wednesday, June 11, 2003

Akron anyone???

Lets say you decided to come to Akron for a weekend and stay at my place...Friday evening to Sunday afternoon........well this is what it would be like.....

You arrive late Friday night.....well late night cause by the time you leave your place its late Friday evening since it took you a while to get all your work done......you reach Akron by 1.00 am..........since you will be all hungry after a long journey we need to grab some food......either you can have the dal chawal and sabzi that one of my room mates or yours truly made....or then we can go and grab something either at Eat 'n Park ( where I end up going quite often with my friends) or then Country Kitchen (where the weirdest people end up on weekend nights. )....Finally since we have not met for so long and we need to catch up on lotsa things we decide that Eat 'n Park is a better option......I assume here that you drove down here because I have car that does not work....kind of just parked permanently outside my house......so we drive down in your car...........I have an omlette and hot chocolate or coffee.....you well...take your pick......over a nice meal we catch up on a lots of things.....and we are already into the wee hours of morning when we hit the sack....

Saturday is my favorite day of the week for whatever reasons......get up aram se and some chai/coffee or whatever ......since its Saturday I think I will make myself some chai.........all this on the couch on my porch.........basically just laze around a bit and chill....ohhh and here I assume that you have come in the month of May when its not too hot.....the weathers just about right....nice and cool......but sunny too......lunch can be something quick like subway or then we could go to this place called Luigi's that serves really good Italian food....take your pick....from this moment on the day is packed right through the early hours of morning....after lunch we could go and visit Cuyahoga Valley National Park or the we could go to Portage Lakes Park or then there is this chota sa place called Gorge Valley Metro Park...or then if you are not really the Park type of person then we could go to the mall or then catch a movie......well plan for the evening is that there's going to be one those famous Torrey Bar-b-q parties in your honor.............for those who don’t know what Torrey is ..well that’s the street I live on...and parties at 277 Torrey Street are always legendary......lotsa beer.......grilled tandoori chicken and vegetables.....and maybe some veg pulao...awesome music.......food dance and drink.......party till the cops come tell us to reduce the volume...that’s when we leave the porch and move into the house and continue the party..........and basically have no idea when you fall asleep.......

Sunday ...get up around noon and try and remember what happened last night........time for lunch......desi food?????...well Bombay Sitar in Canton is a nice place....we could go there.......after a nice lunch we get back home and you decide its time you hit the road cause you don’t want to be driving late into the night.....do you have to leave ......ahh I guess you have to since tomorrow is Monday ...ughhh you say when I mention Monday!!!!!!

"You could stay longer if you want..." I say with a smirk and I have this look in my eye you can't understand..... And it all becomes clear when you hear me say the words......"you can check out any time you want, but you can never leave...."