Life, The Universe and Pune

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Question of Purpose

Does everyone come into our life for a purpose?…….think about all the people who have come into our lives……some stick around longer than others….some leave almost immediately and there are some which from the way things seem, would stick around forever…..by this I don’t specifically mean a romantic type of relationship…this could mean anyone…a friend who at one time used to be a best friend…or some cousin who you were particularly close to….or then it could just be some person you dated for a while and then move on because of the usual …i.e. things not working out….I believe everyone surely does come into our life for a reason…and when there is no purpose that’s when u categorize the relationship under ‘acquaintances’…the kind of people with whom you just might share a “Whatsuppppp”, when you cross each other …

What do I mean exactly when I say purpose???……well I think we either have something to learn from that person or then that person has something to learn from them....that according to me is purpose.....and when that give-and-take is exhausted that’s when we start drifting apart…..it could manifest itself in the fact that you just don’t have much to talk with the other person…..but there are some relationships that I believe do last for a lifetime…...or maybe we just want them to......I am not talking about the ones shared between parents and children or the ones shared between siblings…..here I specifically talk about people who have come into our lives on their own accord or we have ventured into theirs…..and what makes them last for a lifetime…..its just that both people have a lot to learn from each other or then in some it’s a case of either give or then just take.......nothing wrong with that........

But finally according to me when the purpose is exhausted that’s when relationships cease to exist…..So coming down finally to what’s on my mind…..If we want relationships to last forever can we keep inventing purposes…..and if we do…then are these 'invented' purposes enough to make these relationships actually last forvever??????????