Life, The Universe and Pune

Thursday, January 29, 2004

Once a Harami...always a Harami.....

The mother: Beta…Chachi has gone to get the forms for Saul’s (my cousin) application to Loyola High School (apna school)……Papa says you will be pretty happy to know that Sahil might become a Loyolite

Apun Bola: Yeah, I know Chacha told me about this the other day when I spoke to him. I also told him that think about it…..if you guys want someone like me in the house again…then go ahead and try getting him into Loyola….

The mother: Arre don’t worry beta…..that wont be a problem….we know how to deal with you……

Apun Bola: Ohhhh!!!! So now its come down to dealing with me huh!!!!!! See I did not say anything…..you are the one who said that I need to be dealt with……(sarcastic laughter)…..

The mother: (laughter…) Hmmmmmm…..

* which brings me to the point……in most cases you do need to know how to deal with me…..:)…but I usually have my own way….during engineering days…when the room used to be in a mess…..mom would come and shout at the brother and yours truly…” Room kitna ganda hain……conditions are better in jails and slums……you guys are least interested in cleaning….kuch kaam nahi karte…….”…to which we would reply…… “ Itna irritated hain na tu…..then why don’t you put an add in the news paper…..exchange offer….two son’s in exchange for an ideal daughter……who will listen to mom, help around the house…and be a pillar of support in every respect.”……then mom would get all senti....bas that was enough to let us keep our room the way we wanted it for the next few weeks......…and then when she would start shouting again....the whole drama was staged once more and that’s how it continued for the 4 years of engineering……we sure were harami’s to the core …..