Life, The Universe and Pune

Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Its been less than a week in India....have spent a lof time with my parents....however the mother has a her first complaint for me this morning...."Beta you dont speak much!!!!" ....."At this age you must be more lively".......

I still end up driving on the wrong side of the road...i.e the right side......(as J rightly pointed out)........

Ohh and I have forgotten the Indian drivers license in Amrika.....and I need that so I can get my International Drives Permit(IDP).....cause I cant get an IDP without my Indian license and my passport(which I thankfully have)..and why do I need an IDP???????...well with all the driving I do there there is a possibility of being caught by the cops.......so for every offense you commit you get points on your license and 12 points is suspension for a year or so.....leave aside the suspension........even one point is enough to raise your insurance by a few hundred dollars and sometimes even a copule of thousand depending on the car you drive and the area you live in........so I need the IDP......have asked N to send me my Indian license by speed post.......so till then I am driving/riding without a license.....and I hate paying the cops (who doesn't)......and to avoid being caught I find myself using the most obscure routes........but then there was a time when I used these roads because I actually did not have a license then......so I feel like a teenager all over agin trying to avoid the cops....albeit with no tension of being busted at home because I took the car/bike without asking.......ahhhh the pleasures of being back home:)........and Im loving every moment....