Life, The Universe and Pune

Monday, December 05, 2005

I'm not 30 yet......haven't gotten to a stage where I think I am facing any sort of crisis...... and so when I got down to watching High Fidelity ( had read the basic premise) last night, I wasn't expecting too much that I could associate with....was I wrong or what!!!!

One of the refreshing movies I have seen of late....I think the last one was Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind....





John Cusack is great as Rob Gordon, the 30 something guy who once again finds out that the woman he is dating is walking out on him...he then makes a list of his top 5 breakups and tries to understand why things happen to him the way they happen in these 5 relationships which inlcude his current one......an excellent soundtrack, which made the music much more enjoyable for me.....this one is a MUST WATCH

some memorable quotes...

THIS IS HOW THE MOVIE STARTS


Rob: What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND SOME MORE........

Laura: Listen, Rob, would you have sex with me? Because I want to feel something else than this. It either that, or I go home and put my hand in the fire. Unless you want to stub cigarettes out on my arm.
Rob: No. I only have a few left, I've been saving them for later.
Laura: Right. It'll have to be sex, then.
Rob: Right. Right.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob: It would be nice to think that since I was 14, times have changed. Relationships have become more sophisticated. Females less cruel. Skins thicker. Instincts more developed. But there seems to be an element of that afternoon in everything that's happened to me since. All my romantic stories are a scrambled version of that first one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob: Sometimes I got so bored of trying to touch her breast that I would try to touch her between her legs. It was like trying to borrow a dollar, getting turned down, and asking for 50 grand instead.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------