Life, The Universe and Pune

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Total Number of Books I Own : Probably a hundred......this is my collection from the last 4 years that I have been in the US

Last book I bought : CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics.....yeah I am a geek and I could not pass the offer to get this out of print book for $20....it costs $120.00 (used) at most places

Last Book I read: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Doublas Adams: was brushing up my knowledge before I went to see the movie

Five Books That Mean a Lot to Me

1) The Godfather by Mario Puzo

2) Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.....pure literary genius

3) Doctors by Erich Segal......

4) The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran

5) Poona Company by Farrokh Dhondy.....the parsi community fascinates me so...plus this book is set in apna good ol' Pune

some other ones that just missed this list......Last Chance to See by Douglas Adams, The Class by Erich Segal, Truth, Love and a Little Malice by Khushwant Singh, Malgudi Days by RK Narayan...........